The Rug Gallery understands your concern for security with your personal information. We take every precaution to ensure your information is secure, and we never sell your information to a third party.
How does our secure server work?
1. Every order you place with us is secure. All data submitted via the checkout form is encrypted using SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption.
2. After you've selected items to purchase, you'll be prompted to "proceed to checkout." At this point, your browser looks for a site certificate to confirm that it is communicating with our store. Once a positive ID is made, your order continues.
3. At this point, your computer and our server begin communicating in secure mode, sending data back and forth in an encrypted format. We are ready to ask you for your credit card information. The encryption features of browser software are exceptionally powerful and ensure the security of this data as it is transmitted to our server.
4. Next, your credit card numbers are placed in a database on the secure web server. A user must have login privileges on the web server (requiring a password) to be able to access the database, which also requires a password.
5. Order information, including the credit card numbers, is retrieved through a web interface. This interface challenges the user for a password twice, and then "expires" the session after ten minutes, requiring the user to login again. All communications during these sessions are encrypted again using SSL. No credit card numbers are ever sent via e-mail, due to the fact that most e-mail is not secure.
How can you tell if you are in secure mode?
Standard, unsecured URL address begin with "http://". When you enter secure mode, the beginning of the URL address will change to "https://"; the "s" stands for secure.
How does The Rug Gallery protect the information you provide?
We use industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption to safeguard all sensitive data transmitted to us. This means that your personal information - including credit card number, name, expiration date, and billing information - is encrypted so that it cannot be read by anyone else.
We also offer an extra layer of security when you use a shared computer in a corporate or public area. Even if you select the auto-login feature on a machine that third parties might have access to, your password and your credit card information will NOT be displayed. Unlike other auto-login programs, our system will require that you type in your password every time, thus making sure it is really you who has signed in, and not someone else using the same computer. The Rug Gallery is an Authorize.net Secure Site. The Authorize.net seal at the bottom of any page allows you to confirm that we are who we say we are and that all the information you provide will be protected every time you use our service.
What information do we collect?
When you visit our site, our server automatically collects non-personally identifiable information - your internet service provider address and information on the pages you access on our site. In addition, we store information you provide when you make a purchase or enter your e-mail address. We also collect information when you volunteer to complete a survey.
How do we collect the information?
Like many Internet sites, we use "cookies" to recognize returning customers. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive. We use the cookies to recognize your preferences and to keep track of items you've added to your shopping cart.
What do we do with the information we collect?
By evaluating how customers use our site, we can offer better content, easier navigation, and better checkout services. If you join our e-mail list, we will offer you updates about new products and services, discounts and special promotions. You can join or leave our mailing list at any time. Customers who supply us with a telephone number will only receive calls from us pertaining to orders they have placed.